Wednesday, July 6, 2011

peanut butter lovin'

a few weeks back, I picked up a 2 kg container of peanut butter on sale for extremely cheap.  I knew exactly what I wanted it for- baking!! I absolutely love baking with peanut butter- no matter what you do with a recipe, if it has peanut butter, it will always taste delicious :)

first peanut butter snack was a version of homemade reese's easter eggs.. they aren't overly pretty but they were delicious.  I adapted a recipe from picky palate and it was totally simple. just icing sugar, peanut butter and melted chocolate! I only made a few of these because they have a few too many cal's to have a whole heap hanging around the house.



next, an old stand-by.. no-bake chocolate peanut butter oatmeal goodness.  I got this recipe from brown eyed baker.  I wanted to whip something up to share with co-workers tomorrow so this was quick and I had all the ingredients at home.  and bonus! didn't have to turn on the oven on this gorgeously warm day.


overall- a successful couple evenings of baking! along with baking, other highlights of the week have included fabulously awesome yoga classes on monday, tuesday and this evening.  I even had a special guest with me tonight for "buddy week".. D attended his first class!!!! super props to him.  he did awesome, just as I expected and he really enjoyed it.  yoga.rocks. YOU should try it :)

its almost friday! I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend with D at the beach.
sweet dreams
--m

No comments:

Post a Comment