Tuesday, May 31, 2011

new adventures.

what a busy week this has been so far.  I enjoyed my time on the couch yesterday watching the bachelorette (don't judge)

derek and I participated in a thai cooking class on monday night and had such a good time! derek was a bit apprehensive as the class was sort of my idea and he wasn't sure what he had gotten himself into but in the end I think he was glad he went! the food was delicious and the lady that taught it was just the cutest! the recipes were actually really simple but tasted so so perfect.  she used a lot of ingredients that I normally wouldn't cook with but I think that is the best part! I love learning how to incorporate new and exciting things into my cooking and I came away with some great tips.  can't wait for next week! (sorry I didn't get any pictures- next week for sure!)

next new adventure of the week- zumba!!! a fun latin dance type of exercise class that I am dying to try! I have a hard time getting motivated to do cardio because I just find it SO boring.  I used to do jazzercise which was perfect but they hiked up the prices and the schedule doesn't work very well for me so I thought I would give zumba a try! I have heard so many good things about it and can't wait to sweat it out when I try it this week.  yay for fun cardio!

after a long day at work, yoga, dinner and dishes I decided to indulge a little..

strawberry shortcake!

derek has been begging me to have this dessert for a few months now and we finally got around to it! I used my fabulous kitchen aid mixer to whip up the whipping cream, a pinch of vanilla and sugar into a delicious whip cream! we bought little sponge cake cups at the grocery store and then topped them with the whip cream and strawberries. yum yum yum.

see you all soon!
--m

No comments:

Post a Comment