Sunday, May 8, 2011

mothers day.

what a busy week and weekend!! after I got home from sea last monday I feel like all I have done is socialize! which I absolutely LOVE! I have had the chance to visit with all my family and friends and it has been amazing. I will miss them all over the next couple weeks.

so mothers day- I love celebrating mothers and fathers day! I really enjoy getting the chance to show my beautiful parents how much I appreciate them. and today was no exception!
mom and I spent the day in cedar. we started at the barton and leier gallery and gardens which was awesome! we picked up a couple good finds after strolling through the funky gardens. I bought a necklace and bought mom 2 really cute bowls! and mom got a beautiful painting! their work is so amazing.








from there we went to the cedar farmers market which I haven't been to before. it was amazing- lots of vendors that I have never seen before. so much delicious stuff there! we sampled some fresh sweet waffles, shortbread and veggie antipasto. what a treat! after going through all the different booths we went back to make our purchases. we each got a coconut bar of soap which I can't wait to use. mom got a loaf of jalapeno and cheddar sourdough bread and we picked up a couple sweet treats to share with dad and derek. mmmmm!

we ended the day with lunch at one of moms favourite spots, the crow and gate. we shared some wine and crab cakes. we made sure to visit the black swans in the pond just outside the pub. such a gorgeous spot.





a fabulous day!! had a short visit with dad after I dropped mom off and then headed to nanoose with derek, meg, tye and rhys to celebrate mothers day with derek's mom. when derek and I got home we organized a quick dinner of burgers(veggie in my case) and sweet potato fries. quick and easy!

what a great weekend! now I'm off for coffee with steff. can't wait to hear about her mexican adventures.

--m

No comments:

Post a Comment