Monday, May 30, 2011

weekend.

it was a great one- after an awesome saturday the fun continued.  starting with a gorgeous sunday sleep in and awaking to the beautiful sunshine I had a busy but fantastic day.  had a father daughter date at neck point and then D and I had a date with our books and the beach.  it was perfect!

then I got busy in the kitchen..

first a recap from saturday nights dinner.  pasta with slow roasted vodka sauce



this meal actually turned out quite well considering I didn't follow the recipe exactly.  it took forever to make because the sauce roasts in the oven for an hour and a half.  but overall definitely worth the time! I have never attempted to make pasta sauce from scratch before so I was quite impressed with the result :)

last night, I decided I wanted to make a simple and easy apple crisp because we had some old apples hanging out that were perfect for baking.  so I hunted down a simple recipe and went to work in the kitchen.  and the result...

sunday night dessert!

mmm it was yummy. hit the spot.  while it was baking I whipped up a homemade pizza crust, decorated it with veggies, threw it in the oven and dinner was served.

also, picked up these today..

gotta love farm fresh eggs :)

off to work!!
--m

No comments:

Post a Comment