Thursday, January 5, 2012

thursday thought + book review.


book review: sarah's key.




I absolutely adored this book.  I have heard so many mixed reviews but it definitely sparked my interest and I flew through it in a week. The book follows the story of a family in Paris who was taken from their home during the Vel' d'Hiv Roundup in 1942 as well as the story of the family who then moved into their apartment.  It is amazing to read about how families struggled, were torn apart and their priority was simply to survive during that time period.  This book illustrated how oblivious and ignorant many people are about what went on during the war and I think that is something I really like about it.  Although the book isn't all cheery, roses, and happily-ever-afters, it reminds you how lucky we are to live in the world we do and how it wasn't always this way.  A great read!


Now, I'm reading extremely loud and incredibly close by jonathon safran foer in hopes to speed through it and see the movie! 


then the next few books I have lined up are:
*the girl with the dragon tattoo
*the hunger games
*the violets of march


oh yah.. and a few textbooks :) might take me a while to get through those few novels.

2 comments:

  1. be careful with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo...it starts off sooooo dry but there is one part of the book where is gets super exciting and you won't want to put it down! Also, Hunger Games is AMAZING! happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I caaaaaan't wait for you to read gi with a dragon tattoo. You know this haha but I thought I'd restate the fact for the 10th time :)

    ReplyDelete