Thursday, September 8, 2011

delicious-ness.

I'm back to overnight oats! this has been my favourite bowl this week-


into the bowl went:
1/2 cup oats
3/4 cup vanilla almond milk
1/4 cup frozen berries

in the morning I added:
1 tsp. brown sugar
2(ish) tbs. holy crap

mix 'er up and enjoy!  I think I'm going to try some oats with pumpkin one of these days.

I also came up with this basic dish earlier in the week-




I made some rice, beans and sauteed veggies and layered them all into a baking dish and sprinkled with salsa and cheese.  I baked the dish for about 15 minutes and then served it with lettuce.  it hit the spot!

other variations I might try next time:
*adding a layer of avocado/guacamole (wouldn't bake it with the avocado in)
*serving with tortilla chips
*using this combo as filling in a wrap or enchilada

I can't wait to start baking! I have been trying to avoid using the oven as much as possible since it has been so warm out.  once it cools off I will definitely be busy in the kitchen.

--m

No comments:

Post a Comment