Saturday, March 19, 2011

book sale!

I went to a used book sale this morning not knowing what to expect and I was pleasantly surprised! some of the books were donated and others were previously used at the library in town. either way, the majority of them were in good shape and I scored a couple great finds!

--committed by elizabeth gilbert (I have wanted to read this forever and I am on the waitlist at the library to get it but now it is mine to keep!)



--the book of negroes by lawrence hill (canadian author, score!)



--say you're one of them by uwem akpan


I won't have the chance to dig into these good reads until the summer. for now, they will sit pretty on the bookshelf. get this! I got them for $1 each! a great start to my weekend :)

happy saturday!
--m


2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THE BOOK OF NEGROES!! Fantastic book! I could not put this massive book down! I own the other Oprah bookclub selection, just haven't gotten to it yet!! Good finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally thought of you when I picked it up! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete