Tuesday, November 29, 2011

yoga retreat.

this past weekend was just wonderful.  I had the opportunity to meet and spend time with so many amazing people.  the drive up to tofino was gorgeous, I had fantastic company and we just laughed for the entire 3 hours.  once we arrived at middle beach lodge, we checked into our rooms...


view from my room.

room all to myself.


after, we spent the evening enjoying a wine, cheese and chocolate event while relaxing by the fire and chit chatting.  then our first yoga class- a fabulous restorative class.  amazing.  ignore this bad photo quality but we practiced in this room that had a huge fireplace and faced the ocean..




the next day we started the morning off with a little breakfast, then a 20 minute meditation and a 90 minute hatha class.  I enjoyed this class SO much, I finally got some of my energy back and was feeling so happy to be doing something I love after struggling through the past week of school and work.

I spent the rest of the day on saturday going for a beach walk, finishing up a little school work, having a bath and a nap! it was fantastic.


saturday evening, we had some wine at the lodge and then headed over to dinner.  dinner was to die for! stuffed pepper, asparagus, potatoes, spinach salad, tomato and feta salad and a flourless chocolate brownie for dessert.  I was a happy camper after that meal :) following dinner we had a relaxing yin yoga class.  it seems like the weekend went by so quickly! the next morning was our 90 minute vinyasa class before hitting the road.  what a great way to end the weekend.

I would have to say that highlights for me of this retreat were simply enjoying the company of people I had no idea I was going to meet upon going to this retreat on my own.  I learned so much about some other yogis at my studio, was inspired by their stories and laughed so hard that my cheeks hurt for the entire 3 days.  people are wonderful.. and I am blessed to have such amazing people in my life.  and some new ones now! what a treat.

yoga is an amazing thing- I have no idea where I would be without it.  the philosophy of yoga has really started to resonate with me even off my mat.  I find that I don't compare myself with others, I am grateful for the things I have in life and I take the time to enjoy the simple things.  do what you can, with what you have, where you are.  that is that.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had an awesome weekend - you can fit in with any crowd and have fun!! Love ya. M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Would love to hear some of what you are learning through the yoga teachings. It's a fascinating system with so much to offer besides the hatha focus. Enjoy! L. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. you truly are an inspiration morgan - we love you!

    ReplyDelete